BY JENNY REIMOLD | PHOTO CREDIT: EVIN PHOTOGRAPHY
Jenny Reimold is no stranger to our Styling Your Everyday columns. She is the go-to for advice on everything from home decor, clothing, beauty, household hacks and everything in between. Jenny’s home is photographed for HGTV often, showcasing her talents for everyday styling as well as holiday decorating and she is always finding new fun themes to incorporate each year. Here are her holiday decorating tips and tricks to hep you create your perfect tree, tablescape and more.
1. To create a “statement” Christmas tree, develop a theme and then incorporate large pieces into the tree to highlight your holiday theme. Think of your favorite Christmas movie, seasonal element or childhood memory and brainstorm all of the things that support that theme. Plush characters, wooden signs, cut outs and movie figurines all work for a larger than life tree.
2. For tablescapes, style three table runners horizontally across your table for a new look. Add elements of nature, like wood slices, as chargers and use ornaments as place setting toppers.
3. Give children their own unique tree in a playroom or bedroom by draping brightly colored LED lights in a tree and then add whimsical decorations, like unicorns, for a different twist on Christmas.
4. Create “mini moments” in your home if you’re on a tight budget or want to add a bit more holiday spirit to an empty corner. Instead of one giant Christmas tree, group two smaller trees together, string a few lights and keep ornaments minimal for a clean and fresh holiday look.
5. Style your table with festive sweet treats. Local baker, Michelle Wilson @meeshsbakeryfranklin, and caterer, Judy Beaudin, @scumptious_judyb, made coordinated Christmas cookies and thematic cakes to welcome guests to the table. Consider lightening your load and outsourcing some of the holiday baking to local businesses.